Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Parking brake pickup is not working so slide out and step

Customer Question

Parking brake pickup is not working so slide out and step will not work
JA: Have your brakes ever been replaced? Have you checked the brake fluid?
Customer: All new brake calipers and pads. Nothing to due withe the parking brake on the drive shaft?
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2005 dutchmen dorado 28bd
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fixing myself and only jumpered the slide out to get it working and disconnected the connector for the step. Checked power - ok at converter.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Sounds like you are going to need a wiring diagram of that circuit, normally they will tie the parking brake in with the wiring at the brake, I would check the wiring at the parking brake and make sure nothing has come off or is loose, it could be a loose connection. Hard to say where it is exactly tied in, I would call Coachmen and see if they are willing to give up a print for you, I do not have one or I would give it to you. They can be reached at 866...425....4369, I would ask for technical support, most all RV manufacturers have a tech. department and sometimes they will give prints out. I would think the connection point would be at the front end near the parking brake inside.... Hope this helps some... Robert