Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2015 Sunstar 30T, 1F65F5DY9E0A13809 Neither the 110 AC mode

Customer Question

2015 Sunstar 30T,
1F65F5DY9E0A13809
Neither the 110 AC mode for the Norcold refrigerator N82x nor the 110 AC heater element for the Atwood water heater GCH6A-10E are working. It is a bit unusual that both AC heaters are out at the same time.
Is there a common 110 AC supply that may be out? If so, where is the reset beaker? I checked all AC breakers in the breaker box inside the RV (next to the bottom drawing under the fridge).
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert..

Normally they are NOT on the same circuit because they pull so many amps. The easiest to check would be the fridge, check the outlet for power, if it does not have power then you have a wiring issue from the breaker panel to the fridge, go around and make sure you do not have any tripped GFI'S, these will have a test and rest on them, it is possible that they tied the AC voltage in with the outlets. IF you have power to the outlet at the back of the fridge unplug the fridge, remove the circuit board cover under the outside access panel and then check the fuses on the board, one is for AC power. IF that fuse is good and has power then the element might be at fault that can also be ohmed out with a meter, click HERE and see page 18 for that...

I believe on that model water heater you will have a relay, the circuit board provides a 12 volt signal to the relay when you have the switch on for AC power, the relay then allows the AC power to work, you would have a yellow wire running to the relay, that yellow wire should have DC voltage when the electric switch is on and then the element should have AC power available. IF you have no voltage on the yellow wire to the relay and it is working on LP bad circuit board...... Hope this is helpful..... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

HI was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert