Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2010 Country Coach with a C9 Cat Diesel engine.

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Country Coach with a C9 Cat Diesel engine. After warmed up driving for at least 20-30 miles the engine stalls at stops and won't idle. It start easily after every stall but you have to feather the accelerator to get moving.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: 36 foot Country Coach Inspire c9 engine with an Allison transmission. Vin 4U7K6DD1XA1060417 40,000 miles
JA: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

IS the check engine light coming on and when was the last time you had the chassis serviced?

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

You are allowed to follow up as much as needed.

IF this is happening after 20-30 miles I would check your coolant and oil levels, make sure the coolant level is not dropping down when the engine is warmed up. I would also take a voltage reading at the battery you should have 12.5 volts at idle, want to make sure the voltage is not causing the engine to cut out, if the voltage was low due to a loose belt, bad battery or bad connection it could cause problems. Finally I would replace the fuel filters, make sure you do not have one that is partially plugged up, if the engine light is coming on then I would have a shop hook up to the engine computer and have codes pulled, in the long run having the codes pulled takes out most of the guess work and in the long run saves time and money... I would check the simple items first and then see about getting codes pulled... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

HI was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert