Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

Plugged into 220 accidentally now nothing works, 2004

Customer Question

Plugged into 220 accidentally now nothing works
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2004 Wennebago Journey
JA: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Want to fix myself don't know what to do.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

When you plug into 220 it can damage the appliances and power converter, batteries. SO the first thing to do is plug into a good source and see what is and is not working. Check all your breakers, make sure they are not tripped and then go around and check for tripped GFI's these are outlets with a test and reset on them. The power converter will take the incoming AV voltage and make the DC voltage. Most converters will have two fuses on them, need to check them. IF you have AC power at the outlets and the microwave is not working then it will have to be removed and inside is a fuse. The fridge circuit board will also have a fuse for the AC side on the circuit board. Really depends on what is and is not working at this point, all the AC appliances, battery etc do not handle 220 very well. IF you would like to talk on the phone I can make that service available to you, there is an added fee but I might be able to answer anymore concerns you have... Let me know, we can also continue in this format follow ups are included... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...