Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I own a 99 American Dream 40' motor home by fleetwood and

Customer Question

I own a 99 American Dream 40' motor home by fleetwood and the leveling jack panel says i have the front and right rear jack down, but they are not down . I also checked the resevoir for proper level, it was low but spot on now and i still have the alarm. I cleaned the coroded cables attached to the master switch , but still have the alarm.? any suggestions at this point?
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged?
Customer: I have not checked the fuses but batteries are fully charged.
JA: What year is your Fleetwood?
Customer: 99
JA: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes i am doing the repairs myself and so far i cleaned all cables to the master switch in the back of unit to the left of the engine in the rear, forgot to mention it is a diesel unit .
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no except i need to verify i'm working on the leveler electrical system and in the right area in question .
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Disconnect the touch panel and let is sit for about 5 minutes and then reconnect it again. See if it will reset. Be sure that the voltage is good in the batteries and if they are over 3 years old I would have them load tested to be sure they aren't heading south on you. Failing batteries and dirty cable connections are one of the main causes of leveling jack problems. Get back to me if we need to go further into this and please include the make of the jacks and the number if any off the touch pad. Fleetwood uses a number of manufacturers on their jack systems.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Randall , touch panel still in alarm after dis connecting it. you also said check the voltage, on the panel or the batteries?