Joe
Joe, RV Technician
Experience:  Associates Degree in Automotive Technology , 18+ years as RV and Commercial Bus Technician
20245751

2005 fleetwood bounder, workhorse, turn signal and hazard

Customer Question

2005 fleetwood bounder, workhorse , turn signal and hazard not working, can't find fuse marked for turn signal, found one that says hazard a 20amp but it is not blown,and if not fuse where would the relay be?
Category: RV
Expert:  Joe replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is Joe,

Both the Workhorse p30 series chassis and the W22 chassis have very similar wiring and multi-function switches that operate the turn signals and hazzards.
I have attached drawing for both.
The turn signal fuse might be labeled as turn-bu .

Each model will have 2 flasher units, located in the harness tucked up somewhere behind the dash, and not always in a specific location.

If the fuses are good, and the flasher units are good, then it may be possible that the turn signal/hazzard switch is defective.

-Joe

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Tested all fuses under hood all good, I took cover off steering column followed wire harness and don't see any flasher not even one, any other thoughts?
Expert:  Joe replied 5 months ago.

The flashers can easily be hidden from view, but they have to be somewhere between the chassis fuse block and the tun / hazzard switch as shown in both wire diagams.

The attatched photo shows a typical Workhorse RV with the two flasher units just "dangling" from behind the drivers dash area, circled in red.

The grey plastic unit with the red arow is the workhorse / coachbuilder interface that integrates the coach wiring with the chassis wiring. You could also check there for any loose connections.

-Joe

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Joe
Thanks I got them, they are different brands and was looking for two alike, I do have a blue loose what I think is a ground wire, not sure where it goes, pretty sure it's been loose for some time. But will replace flashers then look at that unles u know?
First time I,be use this service and you have been great ., I attached two pics one of the blue wire and another if the control panel because it is so close to that
Expert:  Joe replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for the update and the photos!

That Blue wire is not original, so no need for concern there.

Someone had run that blue wire to supply a ground for an aftermarket device such as a CB radio or GPS etc.

Joe

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Changed flashers and rechecked all fuses still no blinker or hazard, I guess all I can do now is change the switch ?
Is that a part I would need to order or would someone have that in stock ?
Expert:  Joe replied 5 months ago.

Before you think about changing the switch, make sure you have 12 volts at the orange and pink wires of the flasher units.

Look at either diagram. With the key in the run position, you should have a good 12 volt supply at both the orange and pink wires at each flasher socket. The power feeds come right from the fuse block.

If no 12 volts there, then there is still a blown fuse, or another break, corrosion, or damage in the harness.

Joe

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok , no voltage at flasher socket, any idea where the mystery fuse could be? Any other ideas .?
Expert:  Joe replied 5 months ago.

Ok, thanks for the reply.

I would like to know if your coach is on a Workhorse P series motorhome chassis, or the Workhorse W series.

The W series chassis typically has a straight solid front axle with leaf springs.

The p series will have independent front suspension with coil springs with air bags inside.

Joe

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Leaf springs so W
Expert:  Joe replied 5 months ago.

Ok,

You need to find both fuse blocks shown in the pictures. The one with the hazzard fuse is almost always on the outside in front of the drivers area.

The other fuse block can be outside , or inside near the drivers area or behind the dash.

Verify that the fuses have good 12 volts on both sides of the fuse, also check all fuses in each block.

The hazard fuse should be battery hot even with key off, the turn / backup fuse should be hot with the key switch on.

Joe

Expert:  Joe replied 5 months ago.

Here are the pictures.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Here are the fuse panels I,veg found under the hood, both drivers side, I've tested all and seam good
Expert:  Joe replied 5 months ago.

Thanks,

Have you looked under and behind the dash for another chassis fuse block?

Sometimes the coach builders will cover up a fuse block or load center with carpet, a kick panel down near the drivers floor area. Some models have an instrument cluster that lifts or tilts up to reveal more fuses and such.

The second load center shown in your photos is made by fleetwood, and mostly has to do with the house items.

Joe

Expert:  Joe replied 5 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need any clarification on something which I stated above.

Joe

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Went out of town, spent more time on it , still no fuses which I have found are blown , got two weeks before I go out of town in it will keep looking
Expert:  Joe replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for the update,

According to the Workhorse chassis wire diagram, the 12v power feed comes directly from the fuses to feed each flasher units.

I do not have any diagrams from fleetwood for your model. It is not impossible that Fleetwood has interrupted the circuit, adding connectors and running through the fleeetwood circuit board.

Joe