Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic
Experience:  16 years of experience

We have a 2003 Tradewinds diesel motorhome. We live in

Customer Question

Good afternoon. We have a 2003 Tradewinds diesel motorhome. We live in Glenwood Springs CO at 6000ft. I would like to know how much of a problem will I have and what all will I have to do to stay in it all winter while we build a new house. I know about the heat tape on the water line going into the side of the motorhome but don't know about all the other issues. Is there any written material out on this problem? Are there any safe supplimental heaters that would work good for this. Thanks for your help, Craig Westley(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

You will want a heated water line to the RV.

You will want to enclose the undercarriage and radiator opening with some sort of insulation like foam board.

You will want to heat the underbelly to prevent the tanks and lines from freezing, which will also transfer heat to the RV through the floor. A ceramic disc heater like the Pelonis 5000 watt will do this effectively.

I would also use the foam board to seal off skylights and roof vents.

I would also use a dehumidifier.

Here is some cold RV living info.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris