Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Norcold 6052 lites on lp but shuts burner down in 15 -20

Customer Question

norcold 6052 lites on lp but shuts burner down in 15 -20 seconds. click noise from ign modual area when shuts down.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

To start I would get an air nozzle and blow out the burner tube really good, sometimes debris can get inside the tube and will cause issues like this. Next I would want to verify the LP pressure at the back of the fridge, if the pressure was off then it may not want to stay going. I would also check the DC voltage on the back of the fridge, if the DC voltage was low you could have problems with it trying to stay running. The electrode does the sparking but also senses the presence of flame, if it keeps sparking after the flame is out and you have good LP pressure I suspect the electrode or circuit board is the issue, if you click HERE it will provide you a service manual if you have a volt meter you can do some checks. When you troubleshoot these it is a process of elimination..... Hope this helps Robert

Also if it is a signal click each time you are hearing I would check the gas valve as well, that is in the manual.....

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert