Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35K. My jacks are down and I

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35K. My jacks are down and I cannot get power to my leveling system control panel and when putting the vehicle in drive, the jacks will not lift. I found a 12V 30 amp relay laying on the floor but don't know where it goes...I'm assuming this is the problem...I just paid $180.00 for a new control panel...but that did not fix the problem
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Who is the manufacturer of the leveling, should say on the control pad...

Robert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Power Gear
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

OK

On the control panel should be a p/n number in fine print, can you tell me what it says??/ IF it is the(###) ###-####pad I also need to know if your jacks are all electric or hydraulic, they used that particular pad for both. Robert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
power and It has hydraulic fluid...I changed the horn a few weeks ago...today I found a relay (small little black box with 4 ends) sitting beside my old horn in the RV. I don't know if this is related and causing me to get no response/power/
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Sorry I can not do a phone call at this time, plus I would need to know the system you have, pull the wiring and see what could be going on, that takes time to pull up and look.....

Let me get a wiring schematic and have a look, not sure that relay is involved or not. Robert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Even trying to get the jacks up by putting the vehicle in drive won't work.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

OK

You will need a volt meter to do some checking, click HERE for a wiring diagram and troubleshooting guide see page 14. I do not see a relay involved and not sure if the RV manufacturer would have used one for the Jacks, the horn very well could have one and maybe it was replaced. If you find you have no voltage check the outside fuse boxes for a tripped breaker OR blown fuse.... Also you want to find the control box and check all the connectors on that, make sure they did not come loose..... Robert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't have a volt meter...I have checked all fuses ...everywhere I can find them in the RV...
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I already have the diagram...it's not providing me the answer I need. considering I cannot get power to the control panel and that when putting the vehicle in drive without the jacks lifting...not sure a diagram is going to tell me how to fix that. I just put a new control panel on today...did not fix the problem
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
where can I find the fuses dedicated for the leveling system?
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

They would be in a fuse box outside, inside that box would be other fuses and shortstop style breakers, turn the ignition switch ON, get a test light and probe each fuse for power, and each breaker, the breaker will have two posts and each post should have power to it. Go to the chassis battery and follow the cable and make sure there is not a fuse or breaker in-line, sometimes they will wire it direct to the battery. A test light will allow you to see where the power is missing... Robert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I see a power control box under the windshield..I have checked all fuses and they are good...don't know if that is the right fuse location though...I cannot find any breakers (except in the rear of the RV for internal components)
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

OK

Look at the manual I sent you there is some troubleshooting you can do with a meter. I do not know exact location of the coach side fuse box it is normally outside a cable from the chassis battery would be going to it, you might want to try and get a hold of Fleetwood with the FIN and they should be able to look it up and tell you, below is the contact info.....I do not have any prints or I would give them to you.... Robert

Technical Support(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Unfortunately I already have all the information you provided for this session.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

OK

My goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts. IF you would like to try another expert please let me know, I only get credit when you select a rating at the top of the page.... I am sure Fleetwood would give you any fuse locations, they do have that technical support for owners....

Robert