Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a dometic 9100 electric awning. (5 years old). When

Customer Question

I have a dometic 9100 electric awning. (5 years old). When it rolls in, it rolls the fabric from right to left (front to rear) pulling the arms to the left so they will not seat. It is also tearing the fabric seam at the roof line. I have tried sliding the fabric in the roller tube but it won't move. Is there an adjustment on the roller tube like on a treadmill were you can adjust the track back and forth?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Sounds like it is ready for a new cloth among other things, but the best way to get this tracking straight again is to take it loose in the track on the RV and slide to one way or the other and check it so you get it rolling up straight and then put the screws back in that secure it there. A new cloths is about $250 and not that hard to install. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.