Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

We have 2013 37F Adventurer with lots of electrical

Customer Question

We have 2013 37F Adventurer with lots of electrical problems. Many of them may have a common answer. They are as follows: Electric hot water heater works sometimes and sometimes not, gas is fine. Electric outlets do not work except on either side of bed, there is no power to ground fault outlet. Bed does not always go in an out. Satellite system quit working. Home theater only works with radio. Rear view camera does not work. Mirror adjustment no longer works. Rear air conditioner does not come on, but heat does. I bought this used with 3000 miles on it, now have 10k. Is this unit possessed?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Really hard to say if they are all tied together and the way I would approach this is try and get the AC outlets going and see if the water heater will work. The water heater will only work when you are plugged into AC power on electric. GO around and make sure you do not have another GFI that is tripped they are normally in the bathroom and or galley but can be located about anywhere else including the outside. IF you have an inverter go to the inverter and make sure you do not have a breaker tripped, most inverters will have one or two breakers on them. Beyond that I would get a polarity checker that plugs into the outlets and it will tell you if there is a wiring issue, try running the gen. and see if you get the same results as well, if not you could have an issue with the cord or possibly the transfer switch. Have to follow the path of power into the RV to the breaker panel. Since so much is not working I might let a shop diagnose and would say about 2-3 hours to get a good idea of everything that is going on........ Hope this helps some... Robert

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've done all that. Not much of an answer. I really needed to know where to find all the junction boxes. Something is loose in the wiring somewhere. I thought this was Winnebago. A bit deceptive don't you think?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

First off deceptive I don't think so, I have been a RV tech for 18 years and have successfully helped close to 12K owners in 8 years. I have worked on thousands of RV's and it is hard to know where each wire is, not only that I go into this blind and have no idea of what you have done, it is a challenge online for sure.

Secondly I have no input on the advertising, billing or payments. The company handles all that and I only get credit when a positive rating is selected. Not only that you can go back and forth as much as needed. There is no time limit, it works well for some RV owners and others are not open to it.

IF you would like a wiring diagram I can help you with that but no so sure you want to continue.