gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have purchased a 2002 avan poptop caravan that had its

Customer Question

Hi, I have purchased a 2002 avan poptop caravan that had its brake wires cut. My husband is wantining to reconnect them. I am unable to get any info online for the braking specifications for this caravan. Our vehicle is equipped to connect the caravans braking system. So I need help in having a diagram to show the way things are wired. My husband is very mechanically and electrically minded when it come to cars but he need to be able to have something that he can go by to start him off.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: there is no noise
JA: What is the model of your '02 RV?
Customer: Avan pop top that sleeps 4.
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes we are. Haven't tried anything with the braking system as yet as I am trying to get diagram instructions.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is all. Thanks
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Are these wires from the tow cord that go to the braking system? Perhaps to the break away switch or does this have one? It sounds like your tow vehicle has a break controller and that would activate the brakes for you on the Avan unit. It would help here if you can tell me the color of the wires that were cut and even attach a photo of that them to your post so I can see what was done. That way I can direct you to the proper repair. Wiring diagrams for these may be hard to find. Get back to me with this information and I can direct you further here.

Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional information from me here?