Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

2007 coachmen cross country 382-ds I have intermittent

Customer Question

2007 coachmen cross country 382-ds
I have intermittent problems with getting power to leveling jacks, windsheild wipers, ac/heat, power mirrors.
Nothing will work, then a few weeks later, it all starts working, few months later, same cycle. Can't find the source of issue.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Issues like this can be extremely difficult to solve when they are intermitten. What I would do to start is get a voltage reading at the chassis battery when this is happening, make sure the voltage is over 11 volts, check the battery cables and main ground, make sure the chassis battery cables are tight and clean, check the main ground to the frame as well and make sure that is clean and secure.

GO to the chassis fuse box and check all your connections, you should have a main ground or ground bar with wires going to it, make sure no wires are loose and are tight, if you had a loose ground or bad ground it could cause this problem, many times the jacks are wired direct to the battery but might run through the outside fuse box so to me it sounds like a loose connection... Hope this helps some.... Robert

Also what i might do when this is occurring get a 12 volt test light, turn the ignition ON and probe each fuse in the chassis fuse box, the test light will tell you where you are missing voltage....

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....