Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I've just purchased atwoods wired remote control, with a

Customer Question

i've just purchased atwoods wired remote control, with a cable. do I just remove the cable from the on off switch and plug it in to this remote? My problem was starts and stops with my wireless so I went this way
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: Its and 85 Lance 11.5. I had these jacks put on about 8 years ago. until recently every thin was fine then the start stop started
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: trying to fix it myself, changing the bat in remote and thats about all. I've pluged it in to the elect. but that doesn't seem to work ether
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: somebody told me it might be the control box or the control module?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question. Do I understand that you had a remote control setup for your camper jacks and it quit so you went to a hand held unit with a cable? And that isn't working either. Do I have the problem correct? If so, and you still need some assistance, please get back to me and I can help you sort this out.

Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Any part numbers you have would be helpful as they have multiple systems for these.........

Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Take a look at the attached link and tell me if this is what you purchased. IF so, you need to have this control module so you can plug the cable into it. The old unit would need to be removed and this one added. Hope that helps here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. http://www.atwoodmobile.com/manuals/chassis/87438.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional information from me here?