gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

Rear differential bolts keep coming loose & out on highway.

Customer Question

Rear differential bolts keep coming loose & out on highway. Also slide out won't come in cables replaced and adjusted. It hangs up at bottom rear side. Norcold reefer only worked 1 day.
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: Yes in the reefer a switch outside has a red light on. I have replaced the switch before
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2007 holiday rambler vacationer diesel pusher says monoco on all parts stickers
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nope I was charged $9000.00 at Seacoast RV in Maine. Have more problems since. The slide out motor runs fine but only the front moves freely coming in. There is something broke on the floor under the table corner. I had Ricks Rv road service come help it took us 6 hours to pull slide in manually using lift bars to help get corner up.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The rear end on drivers side 3 bolts have fallen out while driving draining the oil from axles and differential
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Sorry to hear about all the issues you are having, I might be able to help you with the fridge part but for the others with the bolts coming out and the broken floor with the slide sounds like you will need a shop to take a look, I would find another shop that can make the repairs for you, although you might to contact any of the shops that you had repairs done and see if you have any limit warranty on what they had there hands on, some shops will provide a limited warranty... IF you want me to try and help you with the fridge please let me know... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....