Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a brand new Clipper 16FB. Drove home approx. 100m

Customer Question

i have a brand new Clipper 16FB. Drove home approx. 100m from dealer and when I arrived home, I could smell the breaks,and they were very warm. Could this be normal break in from initial drive? I did have break controller up around 6 most of way home, previous camper was 3.5. it was about 350 lighter. seemed to grab OK on straightaway at 25-30 mph when leaving dealer. Taking on a trip this weekend, and hoping I don't need to squeeze in a trip to a garageThanks!
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

It very well could be normal as the brakes are getting that break in period. What I would do is jack each wheel and make sure it spins, normally it will spin a few times and then stop. IF you can not spin the wheel at all or it has allot of resistance when you try and spin it then I would have it looked at as the brakes might be miss adjusted. I would say if the wheels spin freely I would keep an eye on it... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....

Robert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm sorry Robert. My schedule has prevented me from being able to follow you're instructions. I plan to jack it up Friday AM. I will let you know how it goes.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

No worries, I am around daily and respond when I can, thanks for the update!!

Robert