Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I lost my 12 volt circuit this weekend batteries are good I

Customer Question

I lost my 12 volt circuit this weekend batteries are good I checked everything I could find in the battery/electrical component box and all appears to be fine If I plug the unit into shorepower the 12 volt is working so the charger/converter is working. I am assuming there is a fuse or breaker between the batteries and the power distribution center but its not in the area under the steps where everything else is.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

You are on the right track many times they will use a fuse or breaker between the converter and battery, below is a picture, most have a tiny tab on them that will pop out when they trip, as a general rule they will be 18" from the battery, could be on it's own on the frame or inside a battery control box with other breakers, fuses andd possibly some solenoids, that box is normally outside. IF you see any the voltage to chassis ground should be the same on each post, when they trip it cuts power to one side. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert