Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

We recently bought a used 2000 Georgetown RV and have not

Customer Question

Hi, we recently bought a used 2000 Georgetown RV and have not been able to get our fridge to work on shore power, only on gas. It's a Dometic RM2852 2-door fridge. Do you have any idea how we can get it to work on electric?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is Robert

Few things here.... First go to the plug in and make sure the outlet has power, if the outlet has power leave it unplugged and remove the cover on the circuit board, the circuit board will be under the outside access panel. On the board is a fuse for the AC side, make sure it is not blown or loose in the fuse holder, please make sure you unplug the fridge first as you do not want to touch that fuse with it plugged in. IF that is not the issue then you could have a bad AC heating element or circuit board. IF you still need more help please let me know, if you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...