peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have replaced ALL of the fuel pumps and lines. The in tank

Customer Question

I have replaced ALL of the fuel pumps and lines. The in tank pump is not working and is NEW , I need to find the relay in the 1988 Coachman Sport Coach LS Just installed a NEW FITECH fuel injection , and engine want to run ... but no pressure from tank. WHERE is the fuel relay?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: It died a year ago new fuel pump in tank then new pump in tank this year new in line new hoses ( injection pressure ) and we tested the wiring to the in line pump ( both ) good. Other party put in line just ahead of fuel tank ( 8 inches ).
JA: What is the model of your '88 RV?
Customer: Coachman LS Sportcoach . 38 foot tag axle A unit. forward control P Chassis. 1988
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. We tested ALL the lines of electricity but the NEW in tank pumps line. The pump installed just ahead of tank failed. Found this out tonight. My friend's friend said the relay to Tank Pump probably bad .... I told my friend we will splice and piggy back of the LINE to the rear most pump ... I really do not care. I need her RUNNING after losing 5 month and 3-4--thous. being grounded ... in USA.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Tell him ALL the lines are NEW , the only wires not tested are to the IN TANK PUMP ...
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Since no one has posted any info here on the location of this relay in some cases this may be due to the info being difficult to obtain.In some cases I have had to trace the wiring from the in tank pump to locate where it runs to locate the relay.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete