gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have 2002 Holiday Rambler Endeavor and My inverter is

Customer Question

I have 2002 Holiday Rambler Endeavor and My inverter is Xantrex Freedom 458, Inverter charger, 15amp. When I turn on the master switch to house power the inverter remote inside lights the charge light for about 30 to 60 seconds and then goes out. At the same time on the inverter the Charge/Gel 1 light flashes and goes out at the same time the remote indicator does,
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: the charge indicator light on the remote panel in the motor home and the charge/gel 1 is on the inverter.
JA: Are you fixing your Endeavor yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, and have pulled out the cords that look like phone cords and blew them clen of dust. NOTE: I all also think I may have a house battery with a shorted cell but it still charges of the engine running.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the unit broke down in Barstow califorina and was there for about three weeks. They were to keep it plugged in because of meat in the freezer. Needless to say when we picked it up the meat was ruined and they said the wall breaker kept popping and thought maybe there was a inverter problem. I think it was probably to light gage extension cord and too long.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

How many house batteries do you have and are they 6 VDC or 12 VDC batteries? How old are they and when did you last have them serviced and load tested? Most inverter issues are battery or cable related. Get back to me with this and I can assist you further here.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Since I didn't hear back from you I am thinking you were able to resolve this issue, but if not, please get back to me. I will offer you a phone chat option as well as that may help and some of our customers prefer this.