Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2002 Holiday Rambler Imperial with two slides in

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Holiday Rambler Imperial with two slides
in order to pull in the living room slide I have to have the key in in ignition and on acc.
the rear slide is not coming in. I can hear the motor if I push the button to extend but does nothing with I hit retract
is there a safety device or does it operate different from the front slide?
thanks
***** *****
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Are you slides on this all electric or hydraulic units? Any name on the switch? Most of these are Power Gear slides, but they made both types.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
good morning sir, both slides appear to be electric
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

This can be two things here, George. Either the switch is bad on the retract side OR if this is a Power Gear slide it can be the relay for the retract side might be bad. I would try the switch first as that is the easiest most of the time. Do you have a 12 VDC test light? If so, you can test the switch. The slide relay control module is usually located on the wall or ceiling of one of the service bays and most of the time where the other electrical equipment is. Some are marked as such and have a cover over them. This should be a green board about the size of a pack of cigarettes. https://rvpartsexpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/171-1401130.jpg

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

You should find two of these as each room has one on Power Gear slide hardware. I will make you a phone option offer as well as sometimes this helps on this sort of testing question.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional information from me here?