Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

E1 code on air condition, It just say E1 and I don't know

Customer Question

E1 code on air condition
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: It just say E1 and I don't know how to reset
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2016 sanibel 3801
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It just cuts on and cuts right back off
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Is this on a Dometic Single Zone thermostat?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is a dometic and has 2 zones
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

So this is on a Comfort Control 2 thermostat? IF so, and it was working before and nobody has been into the A/C units, then this is a communication error. This can USUALLY be corrected by unplugging the thermostat lead from the thermostat and making sure it is clean and not damp and they plugging it back in again. You may have to do this on the A/C side as well. Dampness usually causes this from the humidity in the air. Do you have the Operator's Manual for this system or not? Get back to me if you need that or more on this as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do not have the operators manual and it has just cuts back on should I wait til it cuts off and will I have to get on top of camper to check AV side
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Most you can access from the cabin side by removing the ceiling grill (if you have that model) otherwise, it is from the top with the cover removed. I am attaching a copy of the manual for you. http://www.americanrvcompany.com/assets/images/Dometic/CCCII_2014.pdf

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok and this is a brand new camper I just stayed in it last night and it kicked on and off twice
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

If this the first time you have used this?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it was delivered yesterday and I stayed in it last night I'm the only owner
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I cannot figure out how to reset the thermostat on wall
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Did you print out that manual I sent you? Top of page 20.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It only has 4 pages
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

On this version it is the last page........I have one that come with a new thermostat.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I get it to init on screen and that's far as I can go
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it says zone 2 and 4
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

It sounds like it wasn't programmed correctly to start with. Maybe they didn't do a very good job of the PDI here. This should have been checked. It may be a problem in the way the dip switches in the A/Cs are programmed. Not something most owners can tackle. You might try resetting this from the beginning. See the section on "Zone Control" here. Part of the problem is that you don't really know what they programmed into this if they didn't tell you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It was set to zone 1 and 2 I don't know what I did to make the 4 come up
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what does the hour glass mean
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

The is the compressor delay symbol. There is a delay from when you ask for cooling until the compressor kicks on. The fan comes on first.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok when I reset the thermostat it says it will show all the zones it doesn't show any
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Press the "Zone" button and as you scroll through each one, those that are set on your thermostat will show. What happens when you do this?

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Any time a reset is done, the factory preset settings will be used until you change them. I am thinking you need to call those that sold you this unit and have them come over and demonstrate how to program this and go though the operations with you. They should have done that when they delivered it to you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No numbers are up and when I hit zone nothing happens
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also I unplugged camper for about 10 mins and it went back to zone 1 and 2 and air worked for about 20 mins
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Really hard to try and figure this out from here. I think you need to need to call the folks that sold this to you. I have to go into town, so I will opt out of this and perhaps another tech can offer something.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thanks for the help
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

You are quite welcome!