Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I'm camping right now and my heating furnace is acting up

Customer Question

I'm camping right now and my heating furnace is acting up with the air conditioner on. For whatever reason the furnace comes on while the air conditioner is on. I just replaced the Dometic single zone thermostat, but it seems the problem still occurs. I did reinitialze the new thermostat. What might the issue be?
Thanks,
Gene
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

That is probably the relay on the control board in the furnace. What do you have the fan setting on? Put it on "auto" and see what happens. Get back to me and let me know. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's operating OK right now. It's an AirXcel furnace. Seems to be an intermittent problem. Would you suggest replacing just the relay or the circuit board also just as a precaution? What would be the approx. cost?Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Operating on auto mode right now.
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

I would go with a Dinosaur Electronics board IF they have one for your model. Made here in Oregon and much superior to the OEM boards and they have an outstanding warranty should you ever need it. Most are about $140 or so. Amazon sellers or E-Bay sellers usually have some good prices. Get back to me with your furnace model and I can get you a part number.

Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

Since I didn't hear back from you I am thinking you were able to resolve this issue, but if not, please get back to me. I will offer you a phone chat option as well as that may help and some of our customers prefer this.