Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

2009 Georgetown 373 was leveled, both slides extended.

Customer Question

2009 Georgetown 373 was leveled, both slides extended. Several hours later heard a popping sound. went inside coach and floor was raised up. both slides seem to be out of align from front of slide to back.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: not sure where the noise was coming from and this just happen about an hour ago
JA: What is the model of your '09 RV?
Customer: 373
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: notice the back jacks were not fully extended and retracted them and then re-leveled. floor seems to be back to normal
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

How far was the floor raised up and was it the slideroom floor or main flooring? Was the room fine before this happened? Will it shut all the way?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Floor was raise about 2 inches and it was the main floor
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Sounds like you might have an issue with the framing if this was raised 2" on the main floor, it should not move at all and it gets screwed down to the chassis frame, if the bolts broke that hold the floor down or the frame cracked it could allow the floor to raise up when you level or shift the weight around with the sliderooms. IF something did fail on the frame it might cause the rooms to become out of alignment. The key is both rooms are like this so it has to deal with the the frame, if it was just one room then maybe that room could be the cause. I would advise at this point from your symptoms and what is going on to have a RV mobile service or shop take a look to see if there is any damage to the chassis frame or floor. Hope this helps some.... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....