Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Norcold Mpodel N 842IM Press On off, Flashes Ac for about 1

Customer Question

Norcold Mpodel N 842IM
Press On off, Flashes Ac for about 1 second then off.
Or press on then LP oner Sercond then off.
Replaced Circuit bopard & poti kit # 633287. on difference
Replaced board onle in case 1st one was bad # 628661
Can ground LP solenoid, Can light gas
Paul reynolds
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

What I would do is hook up another DC supply directly and see what happens, sometimes a power converter can put out dirty voltage or AC ripple and the board does not like it at all, so that would eliminate a DC issue, all the fridge needs to turn on is DC power. I would also unplug the AC cord or try an outside source and see if that makes a difference. Did you replace BOTH the upper display panel and the lower circuit board on the back of the fridge????

Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
NO help. I told you I replaced Ckt/ Board Outside and Inside Display
DC battery voltage OK
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

OK....

No help I am trying to help you out now, it takes some going back and forth to figure out the issue!!!!

IS the display panel shutting down meaning there is nothing on at all on the display???

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

IF the display panel is going dead go to the flue canister and look for a high limit, it would be a small round disc and in the center is a tiny button, when the high limit trips it cuts power to the fridge. IT would be smaller wires then the AC heating element..... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Beyond that you have a bad wire harness from the lower circuit board to the upper display panel.

My goal is for you to be satisfied, if you would like to try another expert please let me know, I only get credit when you select a positive rating.....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....

Robert