Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I have a 1998 fleetwood dicovery when i drive in rain

Customer Question

i have a 1998 fleetwood dicovery when i drive in rain sometimes the check transmission light comes on usualy when it drys it goes off and its fine now it is not going off have star type symbol at gear shift and it wont start
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is Robert..

Sounds like something is getting wet causing the problem, I would find the connector on the transmission and make sure that is secured and add some electrical tape to the connector, find the Allison control module and make sure the plugs going to that are clean and tight, you can also try some di-electric grease on the pins to see if that helps.... The control box will have two mini fuses in it and some relays, sometimes it is under the shifter pad mounted to the dash floor or it could be outside in a storage bay or under the chassis, if it is under the chassis it could be suspect to road spray. To give you an idea of the connectors involved click HERE I would think you have the md3060 in this..... It will show the VIM, I was calling it the control box.... With it getting wet and then failing it really sounds like a connector that is exposed...... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....