Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2004 fleetwood regal prowler 560th wheel. Full

Customer Question

I have a 2004 fleetwood regal prowler 560th wheel. Full dining slide out won't work. Motors working, everything turning. We had to manually push it back in to travel home. Looks like it is crooked... More to left on bottom and more to right on top.
We don't have a lot of money... Any suggestions or tricks we could try?
Thx
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

That is usually a sheared roll pin on the drive shaft, but it might be in the gearbox. Hard to say without some testing. Can you attach a photo or two of that area to your post and I can tell you more. There are several companies who make these for the various manufacturers.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm on the way home now
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

I will watch for your post. I am still at my shop as it is only 3:30 p.m. here.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sn v18-064223-40. 12vdc 18/1 ratio. 30 amp max op.
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

The photo is black........

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The pics aren't black on my phone... Can I text them to you?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

It took me a while to get home from work.........and you can attach them to this post using the paperclip icon.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Much better! On that version, there won't be a roll pin except in the gearbox. That is that part where the motor hooks up to the drive shaft which is a worm gear threaded unit in the long tube. You would want to take the motor and gear box off and inspect the gears inside. Those are only available new as a unit. They come in different ratios, so pay attention to the part number that should be either on the motor or gearbox. Once you get it open you can see which is bad. If just the pin, you can replace that. Get back to me if you need more here.

Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

That bolt holds the gearbox to that shaft housing and there should be one on the opposite side as well.........

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Gears and pin look good and turn. Pushed button and slide went out... But won't go back in. Here are pics. Next suggestion please.
Thanks again
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Is the motor coming on when you do this or not? If not, then the switch is the most likely cause. It just reverses the polarity into the motor, so if it works in one direction and not the other (as long as it isn't coming on) then that is the most likely cause.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Motor is on in both directions. At camp it went in and wouldn't come out. This time went out and won't come in. Motor runs and gears and pin turn both directions.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Could it be the shaft. And how would we take apart... And look for what? Thanks
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

It might be a problem in the worm drive if the block around the shaft is wearing. We see this a lot on landing gear units, but pretty rare on slide mechanisms. IF the motor is on in both directions and you checked to see if the pin that holds the drive gear isn't sheared off, then that would be about the only other possibility here.

Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

That is sold as an assembly and not serviced as separate parts.

Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

You might find a good used one at a place like Arizona RV Salvage or Colaw. Both of those have a lot of used parts. E-bay is another good source of used parts.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Whee would I get new oins at? I'm going to try this first?
Also, where is the block around the shaft and how do I look at it?
Thanks
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

You would have to take that shaft assy apart and I never have as you can't buy just parts for it. I suspect it has some snap rings that hold that inner part in there. Most RV shops could get you a new one, but I would try online first or E-Bay or find a good used one. I suspect that they aren't cheap. Used ones would come with the motor and gearbox too I suspect.

Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Whose name was on the motor assy?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Where do I get new pins? I'm going to try new pin first.
The motor is Sn v18-064223-40. 12vdc 18/1 ratio. 30 amp max op. No name showing
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Your local automotive or hardware store should have pins for the gearbox. It would be helpful if we knew for sure who made this. It might have been RBW. I am attaching a link to a source who might know of have some parts. http://www.myrvpartsplace.com/my_rv_parts_place_web_017.htm