Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a xantrex model sw 2024 I now longer have my very

Customer Question

I have a xantrex model sw 2024 I now longer have my very knowledgeable husband to help.
I NEED TO RUN GENERATOR I SET IT TO GENERATOR ON AND IN ABOUT 30 SECONDS THE INVERTERS LITTLE WHITE BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM LEFT SIDE POPS OUT SHUTTING DOWN POWER.
Do you know of any tech. knowledgeable in Phoenix area that I could hire to come and show me?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

I don't know of any personally, but I should be able to direct you on this. Are you trying to start the generator? If not, please explain. And do you have the User's Manual for this or not?

Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

I am attaching a link to that manual if you don't have one. Print it out so you have it. http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Discontinued-Products/SW2512MC-SW4024MC2UserGuide.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

I can tell you that most of the inverter issues we see here are battery or battery cable related. IF you haven't had the batteries serviced lately, they may need water or if they are over 3 years old, they may need replacing. You might want to have a mobile tech come and assist you with that. Most RV shops can give you some names and I am sure most all RV parks in that area have one or two good ones they can recommend. Get a price first for what they charge. Some price gouging happens...........to women especially! Get back to me with what you need here and I can direct you further. All follow ups are included in our fee.