Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My 2007 Fleetwood bounder 12dc shut off will not work.

Customer Question

my 2007 Fleetwood bounder 12dc shut off will not work. Meaning coach batteries stay connected. The normal click sound I hear is not occurring when I flick the 2 small switches above the door.
Second issue, drive and passenger fans will not turn on.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

This sounds like it could be a bad switch or solenoid, when you hit the switch inside it should trigger a solenoid valve, if the contacts inside the solenoid were stuck open you would not be able to shut the power off. I would find the disconnect solenoid, pull the cables and then put them back on and see if the power goes off and it resets, also try tapping the solenoid a few times, sometimes this will unseat them. Try and follow the battery cable to the solenoid one of the cables should go to the solenoid, the solenoid will have 2 larger posts and on the bottom some smaller post one which should send power to the switch. Normally if the power will not go off or come on and you have good DC battery voltage the solenoid can be the issue.... If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.. Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....

Robert

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I disconnected coach batteries to try and reset. I removed relay 1 and 2 modules. Checked panel to make sure everything was on, moved to off and on.
fuses in power control module all good. Checked all other fuses all good
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

I still think this is a solenoid issue, when you hit the switch inside it triggers the solenoid and shuts the power off, when you hit the switch again it allows the power into the RV, the solenoid acts as a gate and allows that power to pass through. DO you have a battery control box outside with fuses and breakers in it?? IF so what is the make and model of the battery control box??

Robert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am changing them tomorrow. They are simply auto relays
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

10-4.... Keep me posted....

Robert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Replaced relays and no change
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

OK

I am used to seeing a solenoid and I am not sure if that is what you have, the solenoid would have two larger posts on it, and some smaller posts, you would have ONE solenoid for the house disconnect and one for the aux boost switch and possibly the chassis disconnect. You also might have a battery control box outside inside that box are relays, fuses and sometimes the solenoids, it also has a printed circuit board, do you see that and if you do can you get me the make and model of it???? Robert