Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a Dometic WAECO Model CF-80-AC120-U Version VER.

Customer Question

I have a Dometic WAECO Model CF-80-AC120-U Version VER.B Cool/Freeze Volume 80 L
While camping the power panel I was plugged into faulted and had to be replaced. Everything in rv worked but when I went out to check cool/freeze it did not. When I lifted the lid the interior light kept blinking. I checked the fuse and power is coming through it. I did unplug and replugged it. It's hooked to 110. Unit is not working any ideas?
Thanks
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Which interior light was blinking? And what "faulted" here? Please clarify this for me.

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

I am adding a link to the User's Manual for this model for you. See the Trouble Shooting section and tell me which light was blinking. That will tell me which direction we need to look here. Maybe print this out if you don't have a copy. All follow ups here are included in our fee. http://www.rpc.com.au/pdf/waeco_coolfreeze_CF80-110_manual.pdf

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The light flashing is interior light figure #8
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The only sign of power to unit is the light flashing interior light
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

I suspect that this is due to a compressor issue, but only testing can really tell. Is there a serivce center anywhere in your area?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We do not know we are currently camping in Charleston S.C.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

One thing you might try is plugging into a different outlet. If you have or can borrow an small digital multimeter we can check the AC input voltage and see if that is good or not.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The voltage is fine I did troubleshoot that
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Then I suspect it will need to be checked out at a Service Center. Not much more you can do there.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Could you recommend a service center either in Charleston S C we will be here a week or aroung Charlotte N C that's where we go to next Monday thank you
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Let me check and get back to you......

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

I need a zip code for those places.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The first zip code is 29466. The second is 28025. Thanks
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

It may be in the morning before I get back to you on this. They are closed right now, but I can give them a call first thing.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks and no problem
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

10-4

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Go to "edometic.com" and hit the "dealer locater tab" and put in the zip code and it will pull up some. I did see one at(###) ###-####and one at(###) ###-####but, there were more. Hope that helps.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have not taken the time to check internet for edometic but will then I will rate thank you
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Thanks!

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Since I didn't hear back from you I am thinking you were able to resolve this issue, but if not, please get back to me.