Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a -mach model 6535-335 i set thermostat it comes on

Customer Question

i have a coleman -mach model 6535-335 i set thermostat it comes on then it shuts down . i start gen and it to elec heat then heat comes on but elec won't come on
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: this propane heat
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 05 adventure windbago 33 ft
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i thank the house thermostat my be bad
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

It might be the thermostat or control, but it may be a battery or cable issue. How old are your batteries and have they been serviced lately and load tested to be sure they are good. Both the A/C and the LP furnace are controlled by 12 VDC and if the batteries are low or failing, then neither will work, even though you have good AC power. If you have a small digital muiltimeter or can get one (about $20 or so at most hardware stores) we can do some testing here and track this down. I can assist you with that. Look at your battery cables and be sure they don't show heavy corrosion as that may be part of the problem. If you do that them off, be sure to take a photo or make a good diagram first as it is easy to get them back on wrong if you don't. Let me know what you find and we can go from there. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Just wondering if you perhaps missed my previous response to your question? If you still need some input from me and assistance in resolving this, please get back to me here. Thanks.