Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I get fault code no fl no ac and it wont run on propane runs

Customer Question

I get fault code no fl no ac and it wont run on propane runs on electricity
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 1210
JA: What year is your RV?
Customer: 2014 bayhill 295rl
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I checked the propane and checked inline fuses haven't check the circuti borad in camper
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

NO FL means that the fridge failed to light on LP, NO AC means that no AC power is available, but you say it is working on AC power????

Robert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

OK

Just so I am sure one more time the fridge is cooling on AC power but while it is cooling it is showing you these codes???? OR you switch it to AC and it works on AC power with no codes??? RObert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no code on ac power just when you go to propane
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

OK

The way the fridge should work is if you are plugged into power it should always want to run on AC power,IF you loose the AC power is should default to LP, once AC power is restored again it will switch back to LP..... SO if you go unplug the shore-cord and go to the back of the fridge can you hear it trying to spark and light OFF? The sparking will be the key..... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

I am going to give you a service manual with detailed info on how to check each code, you have to troubleshoot them separately as it is going to be a process of elimination, you could have a bad circuit board but I would do any of the testing you can starting with the NO FL code. Blow the burner tube out really good as well as sometimes bugs and debris can get inside, the burner tube will sit below the electrode or what sparks. Click HERE for the service manual it should help you out. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, also feel free to follow up if needed. Robert