Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Cant get my steps to go in on my 1999 Winnibago Adventurer

Customer Question

Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

First thing you can try is start the engine and release the parking and put the unit in drive, the steps should have an ignition source for the the override of the steps. IF the steps will not run it at all, I would access the motor and jump 12 volts to the motor with a charged 12 volt drill battery or another DC source, if the step does not move try swapping the jumper wires the step should want to go one way when you jump power. IF the step does not move bad motor, try smacking it a few times sometimes they can seize up. IF the step moves check for power at the control box, it should have DC voltage going into the box and the box supplies power to the motor. IF you have you have voltage at the control box but nothing is happening it could have failed, if you DO not have voltage at the step control box look in your outside fuse box and near the battery for a blown fuse.... Hope this gives you some direction, if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert