Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

How much A/C capacity do you need for a Ace by Thor 29.4 if

Customer Question

How much A/C capacity do you need for a Ace by Thor 29.4 if your usage is in the south with 95degree weather in the south?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

If you have a 50 amp service cord and at least a 5K genset you could use two 13.5K units, but I suspect that one 15K unit would satisfy more folks. It kind of depends on how cool you want to keep it inside. This is pretty much a matter of personal preference here The more A/C capacity you have, the more careful you need to be about other AC power uses as well. A/Cs are rated at 95 degrees ambient temps and for every 5 degrees that goes up, you are going to consume another amp of power or 120 watts. On a very hot day that can add up to over 500 additional watts per unit. I would try to figure out what else you are going to want to run on AC power as opposed to using some LP for some uses on hot days. Hope that helps here. Please get back to me if you need more on this as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Just wondering if you were able to resolve this issue since I didn't hear back from you? Thanks for bringing your question to Just Answer!