Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2004 Allegro bus. just bought and used for camping worked

Customer Question

2004 Allegro bus. just bought and used for camping worked fine. Home now and did not start for 3 days had to jump in using the house batt. worked fine for 5 days [ camping plugged in ] again parked at the house for 4 days now the engine will barely turn over and will not start. tried to jump but the house batt are also low. generator is now charging the house batt [ I hope ]. I have a pack of 4 batt and a pack of 2 batt. I believe the 2 pack is for the engine start. how do I hook up a batt charger to the 2 pack to charge them enough to start the RV. I also think I need new batt I do not know how old the ones in the RV are .
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

I would have the batteries load tested, the 4 batteries would be for the house and the two batteries would be for the chassis, I would mark all your cables and remove the batteries and have them load tested, most auto parts stores will test them for free. Make sure all your chassis battery cables are also clean and tight, no loose connections. Also if you have a chassis disconnect I would be using that when you are parked... What I might do is remove each battery and charge them separately so there is no chance of back feeding any of the circuits. Sounds to me like you could have bad batteries OR a draw when the unit is sitting. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping..... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

HI... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert