gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have 1999 35 Air Stream Cutter, I have model PS245S power

Customer Question

I have 1999 35 Air Stream Cutter
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: I have model PS245S power switch with generator/powercord they pig tailed the power sorry
JA: What is the model of your '99 RV?
Customer: source cable and the generator cable two these powerswitch with smaller wires these wires burned up. I have 99 airstream cutter 35 ft diesel pusher with 300 cat engine 3126b.
JA: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: so far I've just pulled it out. I don't know how to test the regulator/transfer switches
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

The wires that were burned up.........what are they hooked up to? I am getting that you have an automatic transfer switch for switching between the generator and the shore power source. Is this a 30 amp transfer switch or a 50 amp version? We can do some testing if you have a small digital multimeter like you can find at most hardware stores for about $20 or so. Get back to me when you are ready to test and we can sort this out. All follow ups are included in our fee.