Wayne, RV Mechanic
Experience:  Work on several type of Rv engine, Trans, brakes

The radio in 2007 Fleetwood revolution 40le quit working

Customer Question

The radio in 2007 Fleetwood revolution 40le quit working with the engine off. The radio was working fine. We have been here for 3 days. Today I moved the xm radio antenna to the roof. Ran antenna wire through the access panel and into the compartment above the driver, then into top portion of the cabinet over the windshield and down the piler to under the dash and across to the radio. The radio was on when I started the job, by the time I was ready to connect the antenna, the radio was off. switch on the dash did not do anything. Turned the ignition to on and the radio works fine, but the switch seems backwards, it turns the radio off when on the on position. I suspect a fuse, but where and witch on?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 month ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will try to help you with this

No, it is not a fuse , this sounds like the IGN switch

is faulty not keeping contact on ACC

I hope this helped you

Hi. If this helped you,

please remember to rate my answer 3 or more stars.

If more info is needed, use the reply button -

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Wayne. I can try wiggling the switch, but I am thinking since this suddenly happened with the key position in the off position ( where it is designed to work the radio with the dash switch in the music or on position) something happened like a pulled wire, although while under the dash we were very gental, or a fuse was blown during the pulling of wires installing the antenna. How about taking another look at this problem.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 month ago.

I did not know you installed a antenna

then yes a wire got knocked loose under there

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We have exhausted looking for loose wires. I think we need a wiring diagram to check voltage and find the fuses. I opened the side bulkhead to expose fuses but there must be 100 of them and I can't read the name on them. The coach provides the power from the converter when the engine is off and the switch is on.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 month ago.

I do not have a wire diagram

I will opt-out put back to board for another expert

do not reply or rate me as it locks question back to me

Sorry I could not help you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Found the blown 10amp fuse. Sorry you didn't have access to the wiring for this coach. I have contacted Fleetwood for a USB drive with everything on it. Thanks for looking at this problem anyway.