Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Looking fir the horn on a 2002 fleetwood vision? cant find

Customer Question

looking fir the horn on a 2002 fleetwood vision? cant find it anywhere?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Most of these used an electric horn looks like an air horn and should be on the roof on the drivers side, I might take a look to see if the roof has been sealed in that area as they could have been removed... It should look like an air horn but instead of air it is electric powered.... Let me know if you need more help, was not sure if you can not find it on the RV or are trying to replace it..... Robert

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It worked when we bought it. But it isn't on the roof. Any other ideas?
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

OK... The only other place I would look is under the front engine access sometimes they will be black, and look in the front drivers compartment outside, I pulled a picture of a 2002 vision from the brochure and it shows them on the roof but maybe the roof style was an option.....

Robert

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He's looked all over in there. Was a mechanic in the military. Driving him nuts he cAnt find it.
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

OK

I was in the mechanic as well in the military.... Let me take a look into this some more for you and see if I can find anything out.... I will respond back either way.... Robert

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks so much. I appreciate it
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

No problem I am in and out on the weekends but should respond back later today..

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

DO you happen to have the model number of the vision?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
P53 engine triton v10 engine 37 ft vision.
I dint know about model number. I can check tho!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
34n model number
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

OK

I want you to see this... Click HERE and have a look this is the 2002 model and you can see the air horn above the driver on the roof, I would really make sure there is not a plate there... Kind of odd if it is not there. What I might do next so your husband does not rip apart the entire RV is call Fleetwood with your FIN, they have a technical support department and they can look your coach number up and should be able to tell location below is the contact info for you.

My goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts, if you would like to try another expert please let me know, I only get credit when you select a rating at the top of the page... Robert

Technical Support(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's a fleet wood vision. Is that the same as pace arrow? The body looks different
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Let me double check.... Robert

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's a 34 n
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

OK

You are correct and I do NOT see it on the roof, it has to be somewhere in the front end. SO I would call Fleetwood with the number I supplied make sure you have your FIN, I believe they are available during the week and Monday is a holiday. I have helped other owners get in contact with them and it has been positive so it would be worth a shot calling them...... Robert

IF you would like me to put your question back up for other experts please let me know, my goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts... Robert

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'll try the number. Do you have that same floor plan for the version that we have? If you could throw it up to the others that would be great. My husband wants to get it done this weekend so if anybody else may know. Seemingly is not an easy thing to find. Thank you so much for your help
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

OK...

One thing I wanted to mention if this is a Ford and it has the electric air horn you should have a hidden fuse box under the drivers dash, most Ford chassis's the instrument panel around the dash gauges will come off, it will swing up or have a few screws you take out to remove it, up high is the Ford fuse box, I might turn the ignition switch ON and probe each fuse for power. Also Fleetwood will install another fuse box outside under the engine access, that box has some chassis and house powered items, once again turn the ignition ON and probe each fuse for power, using a 12 volt test light is a very quick and easy way to check for power on the wires and fuses... I am still checking into this, sent an email out to a source I have but it is the weekend, see if they respond... Robert

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK I'll check with my husband but I know that he was in under the steering wheel fuse box checking all of those. I'm not sure about the other. I'll ask him. Thanks so much again
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Sounds good... Robert