Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Have a HF code and it is not working, AF is code. I have

Customer Question

Have a HF code and it is not working
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: AF is code. I have changed modes and still get the same
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2013
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It is my daughters horse trailer/RV. I have just got here and started looking at it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Is this on the fridge?? IF so what is the make and model??

Robert

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Nor old
N621R
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Norcold
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

OK

That is what I was thinking..... The A means the fridge is not seeing the AC power, need to make sure the plug has power it is plugged into and on the back of the fridge is a circuit board, on the board is the fuse for the AC side, need to make sure that is not blown. When the fridge is in auto it should want to run on AC power, IF it does not sense the AC power it will try and light off on LP, if it fails to light off on LP then you will get the F code.

So it could be multiple problems. I would see if you can get it going on AC power first that is the simplest. Click HERE for a service manual, it has the codes and will tell you exactly what to look for and what I was talking about. When you take the cover of the circuit board make sure the fridge is unplugged, you do not want to touch that fuse with it plugged in..... IF you still need more help please let me know.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

HI... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Found GIF plug tripped. Reset plug an now have power and no code but it has been on for 24 hours and doesn't feel cold.
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

OK

IF you feel where the flue canister is located you should see the AC heating element wires going into that canister, the canister around the wires should feel VERY hot to the touch. Next feel the grey absorber coils, they should feel nice and warm from top to bottom, no cool spots or very hot spots, you could have a bad cooling unit. Make sure the fridge is level. IF not re-level it and let it sit a few hours and then try again.

The other issue this could be is the thermistor, it is on page 20 in the manual I sent you, what you can try and do is disconnect the connector inside the fridge and it should go to back up mode and the box should get very cold. IF not then points towards the cooling unit.

IF the flue canister is NOT hot to the touch you could have a bad element or lower circuit board.....

A cooling unit can rupture or become blocked, for a rupture you might smell ammonia, see a yellowish powder on the back of the fridge, for a blockage you might not have any codes or symptoms but NO cooling on both sources. I understand if this is not the best news....

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert