Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

Need info on shore line and generator wires to transfer

Customer Question

need info on shore line and generator wires to transfer switch. I have 4 wires coming into box from each power source and someone took out transfer box this is the way I got it, there are 2 sets of wires going to breakers but there are only 3 wires. I know bare copper is grd, white is neutral, black hot red hot, my question is there is a manual switch there but need help to wire it. 4 wire in ans 3 out to 2 breakers.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

That automatic transfer switch can be any brand. They all work the same. You don't want a manual switch. There are any number of good ones out there and shop around as the price varies. Try Best Converter. Get back to me if you need more on the hookup once you get that. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok what info do you need?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Nothing more at this time...........did you get my response to your question?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but I was going to used this manual switch because it is right there, just need info on how to wire it, I just need a little help.The panel is a Square D Generator panel part #QO48M60DSGGP
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

We never install one so I couldn't say............I will opt out and perhaps another tech here may know something. I will have to say this isn't the best idea.