Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2000 Itasca Suncruser with central air, I want to

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Itasca Suncruser with central air, I want to access the main air conditioning unit under my coach. Does this unit slide out on a rail so the Freon can be checked?
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: I'm looking for the access ports to do so, I can get to the electronic section but not to the compressor section.
JA: What is the model of your '00 RV?
Customer: 35 U
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: unit works fine, I just want to service and check entire system out.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

No normally you would have to support the AC unit and then unhook the ducting and then remove the mounting bolts and lower the AC unit down, undo all the wiring, it can be a big project. I have not see any rails... Depending on the model you might not have ports these normally are sealed systems meaning you should never need to charge them, I want to say some basement models you can. IF you can get me the make and model of the unit I can send you some info on this... Hope this helps... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Click HERE I am thinking this is your set up, it is a service manual and might help you out on any checks.....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

HI... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert