Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Have travel supreme express 2000 need a owner manual, has

Customer Question

have travel supreme express 2000 need a owner manual
JA: Are you fixing your Express yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: has been setting for 2 years and having electrical issues
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Getting any kinds of manuals can be a difficult task, IF you are having electrical issues I might be able to provide you some directions, I have been a RV tech for over 18 years and been helping on this site foe several years, we can go back and forth as much as needed as well. IF I do not know the problem I will put your question back up for other experts. IF you would like to give it a try please explain in detail what the exact issue is...

Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok. Set for 2 years plugged into 35 amp service. Lights and electrical outlet works but landing gear and slides no power. Also, put new hot battery but think mini breaker might be bad. Would that have anything to do with the 110 not closing slides?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can I get an electrical diagram?
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Many times they will use a breaker or fuse in-line between the slides and the landing gear, as a general rule it would be 18" from the battery and can be on the frame, most have a tiny tab on them that pops out when they trip. IF you see any you should have voltage on each post to chassis ground. Make sure the battery voltage is good as well, if the voltage is under 11 volts at the battery then the systems are going to have issues with not enough voltage... Hope this helps... Robert

Getting any kinds of prints is going to be very difficult, I do not have one for this unit....

Breaker.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Does the 12v breaker cut out the 110v service. I put a new battery on it and still no power. I thought the 110v would do it all.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If not I'm taking it to a shop, but can I manually crank it up. I put the handles on and it feel's tight, like I'm going to break something.
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

NO....

When you are plugged in the 110volt supplies AC voltage to the power converter, the power converter should make the DC voltage and charge the battery. The landing gear and slides most likely are wired directly to the battery...

Are you missing any other DC power, is the furnace, water heater, fridge etc working???

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I left the battery unplugged so I didn't cause a problem. Does everything run thru the converter for the slides.
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

NO, many times the slide is wired directly to the battery, the converter should charge the battery so when you need to run the room you have a charged battery.....

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
if I replace the mini breakers, my 12v should close the slides and raise the jacks.
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

In theory yes, you want to make sure you have the SAME voltage on each post, if the voltage is off from post to post it is the issue. This did sit for two years and it is possible the motors might be seized up. What you can do is try jumping the landing gear motor direct and make sure it moves..... Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Jumping is a good idea. If all else fails, how do you manually move every thing. It come with handles.
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

It depends on the set up you have, normally you would put the crank in for the landing gear and crank, for the slide-room some motors have a lever on the back of the motor you move the lever to disengage the clutch in the motor and it allows you to crank or push the room in and out.. IF you have an all electric slide you can also jump voltage directly to the motor, swap the wires to make it run the other way.....

Hope this has been helpful.... Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yep it does, got me thinking outside the normal box. I mite look like a idiot carrying a battery to every slide but if the motors are good it will roll up. if not I'll pull the motors loose and hand crank it. That was what I thought about doing when I started getting pissed. LOL
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

OK

Let me know if you need more help, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

HI... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert