Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I have an atwood 8525-iv-dclp it purges but will not ignite,

Customer Question

I have an atwood 8525-iv-dclp it purges but will not ignite , trouble code flashes 3 times w/3 sec. pause any ideas ? I had battery on and plugged in HELP
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is Robert..

That code means it failed to light on LP and it could be a number of reasons.... Just so we are on the same page did you hear the electrode sparking???

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

When you turn the thermostat ON the fan will come up to speed and close a sail switch, once the sail switch closes it passes a signal to the circuit and then the gas valve will open up and at the same time it should start sparking. I am not sure if you can hear it sparking or not??? IF you can not then it is going to be an issue with the circuit board or electrode (what sparks)..... Most RV shops can test the board with a special board tester and can tell if it is the problem. IF it is sparking then in addition to the items I mentioned it could be a LP issue. The pressure has to be at 11.5" of water column for the the appliances to work. A shop with a manometer can check the pressure. Click HERE for a service manual, it should help out... Hope this helps, please feel free to contact me if you have more questions or concerns ..... Robert

I am assuming that you are smelling the LP if you do not smell LP and it is not sparking then the sail switch could also be the issue, it needs to close to allow the voltage to the circuit board. The service manual should help....

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

HI... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....