gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

Looks like my Heart Freedom Inverter has dropped the neutral

Customer Question

Looks like my Heart Freedom Inverter has dropped the neutral according to a house electrician not an RV electricain
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: Monaco / Diplomat / 1999
JA: Are you fixing your Diplomat yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We couldn't get a neutral coming out of the inverter, so we bypassed the the inverter and direct wired the small breaker box to get the receptacles working. Will the inverter still charge the batteries?
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Electrician had a voltmeter and could not get any reading on the neutral
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just want to know if the inverter will still charge the house batteries?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Was there any coming INTO it? This is pretty easy to check with a multimeter. It would be odd for this to only have a problem on the neutral lead. Possible I suppose. And you can have these rebuilt if you don't want to invest in a newer version. And that neutral issue can be solved easily for battery charging. That is pretty much dependent on the battery leads as well. If you have a meter we can do some testing if you feel comfortable with this. Please include which model of their inverter you have and do you have the manual or not?

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Just wondering if you were able to resolve this issue since I didn't hear back from you? If not, please let me know and we can sort this out. I will also offer a phone chat option for you in case you feel that would be more helpful here.