peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

My 2009 coaster motorhome is indicating it needs a forced

Customer Question

My 2009 coaster motorhome is indicating it needs a forced burn via the dash lights on average every 300km. I have to stop for 15 minutes before lights go off last time it was 30 mins. To try to stop a dealer did 3 forced burns together that got me 1200 without lights coming on but now reverted back to 300kms or so before have to stop.any ideas. Have run an injector through diesel buying only good quality diesel. One sensor was replaced just before or after degeneration unit. It is apparently burning at 500deg so its working. Went to limp mode 200ks after firced burn once as burn not recognised by computor. Frustrating.
Category: RV
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi i still dont have a response yet. I paid by paypal. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

It is possible that the dpf filter itself is damaged or restricted to the point that the forced regen/burn is not working to correct this issue.I have seen several fail in the past before needing replaced.If they did not check to see if this needs done and with what is described here this sounds like what may be the cause and it may need removed and manually cleaned or removed and replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete