Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2002 30' winnebago brave with a workhorse chassie

Customer Question

I have a 2002 30' winnebago brave with a workhorse chassie and the last couple of trips i have noticed that i get a vibration in the engine upon slight acceleration . It does not vibrate when it kicks into passing gear. It seems to be getting worse and now I get intermittent popping sounds when it happens. It does not vibrate when I'm just cruising along.
Category: RV
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Its possible what your feeling is a misfire. As load, speed, elevation, temperature, air fuel ratio, and rpm change some scenarios result in the mixture hard for the spark plugs to fully ignite all the fuel, so you get a partial misfire where as one or more cylinders are not contributing as much as the others. Causing an imbalance vibration. Now the popping noise could be a partial backfire into the exhaust or intake from a valve not sealing well or valve train concern. I recommend having a service done that runs the engine off of a cleaning chemical to clean the injectors and combustion chamber, then replace the plugs. If it continues run a engine off compression test then one again while running.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris