Fix-it..
Fix-it.., Commercial Transport Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as Class A Motor Home chassis specialist.
35815791

I have a 1998 Dutch Star motor home with an Allison

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Dutch Star motor home with an Allison transmission 3060. I have difficulty shifting to "drive" or to "reverse" . In the past it was identified that the engine was idling a bit high for it to shift, right not the engine idle is 750 rpm. Are there any other parameters to check to avoid this problem? I wold much appreciate if you can help me. Thanks
Art Sanchez
5581 Plantation Oaks Dr
Theodore , Alabama. 36582
Category: RV
Expert:  Fix-it.. replied 3 months ago.

good afternoon

there are 2 parameters that will prevent the trans from shifting

1 rpms to high,which you know

2 road speed,you have to insure the vehicle it not moving at all when going from say reverse to foward.

if you have a issue still then get back to me and we will check for codes

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for your answer. My problems getting the transmission in my RV to shift are from a standing still with parking brake on and making sure my engine rpm is low (750).
Please check with Allison transmission if the rpm is low enough. I am hoping to get a more specific answer from you.
There is also a round red warning light on the panel in the shape of a toothed wheel that I don't know what it means, wonder if it is related to my problem. I will be grateful for your prompt help.
Art Sanchez
Expert:  Fix-it.. replied 3 months ago.

Allison states as long at the rpms are under 1000 rpm you are ok

im thinking if you are having a problem with it not going into gear at the 750 rpm them your right about the other rpm parameter thats there so people won't drop the driveshaft when stifting--solution-- adjust engine idle to 725 rpm to keep your self away for the problem area, 1 question do you have the push button selector ??

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** question, Yes I have to push the button selector ! I am going to try it again but today I have a lower back pain. Please hang in there in case I need more couching and pray for me. Thanks again. *****
Expert:  Fix-it.. replied 3 months ago.
No problem
Expert:  Fix-it.. replied 2 months ago.

Good morning++

haven't heard from you,do you have any other questions ??