Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I have a tent trailer fleet series Cheylene model. The

Customer Question

I have a Coleman tent trailer fleet wood series Cheylene model. The overhead lights at both ends of the trailer quit working. I replaced the momentary switch under the galley but they still don't work. They worked in May then I took it back out in July and they didn't work. What should I look at next
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Do you have a 12 VDC test light? And perhaps a length of wire about 10 ft. long with an alligator clip on each end? With those you can find out the problem. If the switch is good, then chances are that the ground side is the problem. That length of wire can be used as a "test ground" lead and you would attach one end to the metal housing of the light and the other to the ground bar in the load center. If the lights work (or one of them) you know WHAT the problem is.......then you just have to find out where the break or bad connection is. That lead should be white. Look for places that it might get chaffed or broken from flexing a lot. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Since I didn't hear back from you I am wondering if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I haven't had time to attempt to use the advise yet. I need to reread it as well as I didn't completely get it.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

I can offer you a phone chat option in case you think that might be easier. No time limit or on number of calls.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?