gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a wee problem with a ruck camper fridge that we

Customer Question

Hi there I have a wee problem with a ruck camper fridge that we bought ' I have a pilot light that stays on (good) the freezer works good ( although very small) but the rest of the fridge stays warm??? any solutions to this ,,,, thank - you John Dow
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: sorry pilot flame< new to all of this
JA: What year is your Pilot?
Customer: sorry pearl thats all that I know,,,,, except it may be in the early 70`s or 80`s
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have cleaned out the cobwebs , rust, and taken out the the thingy that when I turn on the propane and click on button to light the pilot it stays on when I let go the knob that I pushed in to click just like a lighter does
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: somebody mention that very light copper pipe could have been corroded when I took out. I did not see any hole at the tip of the nozzle that supplies the propane. I think it is called a thermo-coupler or something
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

What is the make and model of this fridge? Look on the data tag on the inside of the box or on the outside lower rear corner. Once I know what you have I can grab a manual for you and instruct you further.

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

I don't know if perhaps you just missed my previous response to your question? Were you able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?