Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

My back door lock won't open by key, fob, or inside handle.

Customer Question

My back door lock won't open by key, fob, or inside handle. I hear the locks movement with fob but unable to open door. I'm at the Dodge repair in IN as I'm traveling for 4 months. They want to take out the shower for access as handle is behind shower wall with limited access inches. There has to be a better way! I heard about someone on net contacting manufacture and drilling in a special spot to access from outside. I'm traveling on my own. What do I do to fix this. I have. 2015 Travato red with racks. The grey water pump switch is also behind shower accessed by opening door that won't open. HELP
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

Honestly what I would do is ask the service shop to call Winnebago directly for some direction on this, they will have a technical support department and they should be able to tell the shop the best way to approach this, you want it done correctly and if it requires drilling a special spot on the outside you want to hear that directly from Winnebago. Many good shops would contact the RV manufacturer to get direction on complicated repairs like this, as a tech. I have called in before and they can be helpful, so I would ensure a call is made to them.... Hope this helps some... Robert

IF you would like to try another expert on this please let me know, I only get credit when you select a rating. Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert